fredag 17 oktober 2008

Prabhupada Nectar


When Srutakirti was serving as Prabhupadas personal servant, he often felt embarrassed by the tremendous demonstrations of love which the devotees offered to Prabupada, whereas Srutakirti himself felt a lack of love. He thought that all these devotees were dancing and chanting, and here he was, walking beside Srila Prabhupada, but had no feeling, no real love. And this began to disturb his mind.

One day during massage, Srutakirti expressed it to Prabhupada.

"Srila Prabhupada, all these devotees have such love for you. It makes me feel so bad, I have none of this love. When I am with you, I can see everyone dancing and chanting and crying. But I have so much association, and yet I do not feel that this is there." He was hoping that Prabhupada would say something or do something, but Prabhupada said nothing. So his servant went on massaging and finished. Then Prabhupada went and bathed. After putting on his tilaka and chanting his Gayatri Prabhupada called Srutakirti into the room.

"So, do you like serving me?" said Prabhupada.

"Oh, yes, Prabhupada," said Srutakirti. "I like serving you very much."

"Then," said Prabhupada, "that is love. Everyone can do so many things... singing, dancing, jumping up and down. But you are actually doing something. Is not this love?"

"I guess so, Srila Prabhupada."

"So you just do your service," said Prabhupada. "That is all that is neccessary. That is what love means - to do service."


Prabhupada Nectar

Inga kommentarer: